When asked how to describe my therapy approach, I simply say: I believe in the resiliency of the human spirit and the capacity for growth and change.
The majority of my 18+ years of experience has been working in-depth with teens who are struggling with mental health and substance abuse issues. I am passionate about working with teens, adults and families. I enjoy establishing a rapport and working relationship with each client. We make change happen together.
I provide strategies and supports using my in depth knowledge of substance use and mental health disorders including Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) that work so my clients can reach their desired goals. I stand on years of solid training and technique.
In particular, I have extensive training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) which has emerged as a best practice approach to help clients recover from traumas of all types. I am excited to offer EMDR as a part of on- going therapy or as an “add-on” approach while a client is working with another therapist. We will work out a plan that suits your goals.
I pride myself on being friendly, open, approachable and “attuning” to all those I work with. Please contact me directly, or call our main number to get started. I am also happy to have a brief phone conversation prior to appointment if that helps you with your decision to begin.
- EMDR trained
- Master Addiction Counselor Certification
- Clinical Program Coordinator for the Palmetto Health Adolescent Recovery Center
- Trainer for the National Alliance Children’s Trust and Prevention Funds
- Received my Master of Social Work 1998
- Licensed Independent Social Worker – Clinical Practice since 2004
- Approved LISW supervisor for the SC Board of Social Workers