Our psychotherapists are masters level licensed clinical social workers, licensed professional counselors, and licensed marriage and family therapists. But they are more than that: they bring warm personalities, a “realness” and an appreciation for the enormous honor and responsibility it is that you have chosen to work with us.
I work with young children, ages 3 and up. Using child centered play therapy to help kiddos who struggle with transitions, worries, self-esteem, grief and more. Play is the language of the child and play therapy helps me better understand what it’s like in the child’s world from their point of view.
My approach stems from a developmental lens. In our play sessions, my clients and I are building stable and encouraging relationships. I hope to tap into their “inner security” that helps them understand themselves and their emotional world. I walk alongside each child, and work closely with their parents and families.
Practicum at Carolina Assessment Services, working with adults . Started a Women’s Empowerment Group.
John H. Magill Internship in school-based counseling where I worked with students, families and groups at elementary and middle schools.
Play Therapy practicum working with women and their children at Toby’s Place women’s shelter.
Richland One school based counselor
- Anxiety and Depression
- Excoriation (Skin Picking)
- Life Transitions
- Child – Parent Attachment
- Certified Play Therapist
- Training in Infant and Maternal Mental Health
- BS in Psychology and Minor in Youth Development from Clemson University
- Ed.S. in Counselor Education, Clinical Mental Health from University of South Carolina
- Board Certified Licensed Professional Counselor Associate, South Carolina
- Certified Play Therapist, University of South Carolina